Scorpio (October 24-November 22)
Scorpio endures to the bitter end. She is honest and never forgets. When she wants something, she will not rest until she has experienced it. And once having begun a course of action, she will fo whatever it takes to arrive at her goal. Scorpio does not tolerate criticism. And with her elephant memory, she won’t ever forget uncalled for slights. She is justly proud of her immense will power, which can overcome all obstacles. Even if she cannot achieve her goals right away, she knows she will get there in time. And she usually succeeds, thanks to her incredible endurance and ability to focus. But her focus on an objective can lead her into difficult situations. If she finds herself up against a brick wall, she can fall into a deep depression. Then she tries to break through her own boundaries. If she drops her with someone and is not taken advantage of, she can become a true friend and partner to that person. Scorpios like to live well. They enjoy socializing and appreciate fine restaurants. But they are connoisseurs, only the finest food and wine meet their exacting standards. They do not compromise; they will agree only with the truth. Speaking the truth can make them lonely, especially when done so without regard to the feelings of others. But that is the price one pays for being a Scorpio.
Gems for Scorpio:
- Hematite- Hematite is an especially helpful stone for one born under the sign of Scorpio. It offers her patience and peace of mind. With its wonderful earth tones, it enables her to compromise and be more trusting of her partner, to put aside her own wishes and give herself to another.
- Coral- Red coral helps Scorpio fully enjoy life. It brings joy, energy and sensuality and protects her from envy and resentment. It helps her deal with jealousy and self-doubt.
- Fluorite- Fluorite promotes intellectual development. It harmonizes the positive and negative aspects of the intellect. Fluorite helps Scorpios to use their intellectual gifts, endurance and will power for the good of others and saves them from overweening egotism.
- Obsidian- Obsidian loosens rigidities. Obsidian not only eases psychological problems, it also relaxes constriction in the shoulder and neck ares that often plague Scorpio. This comes from her iron will, which does not allow her to leg go and give her thoughts free rein.
- Sard- Sard is the gemstone of justice. It encourages Scorpio’s sense of justice, while keeping fanaticism in check. Sard sharpens the mind, promotes openness in dealing with other people, solidifies friendships and relationships. It guides the egocentric and introverted individual to become more outgoing toward those close to her.
- Spinel- Red spinel promotes determination. It helps Scorpio recognize worthwhile goals and gives her the energy to reach them. It lessens fears, especially of major changes in employment or divorce, which can discourage even the hardy Scorpio. Spinal strengthens the soul’s healing power.
- Tourmaline- Red tourmaline helps Scorpio relinquish plans and ideas that her extraordinary will power cannot bring to fulfillment. With its assistance Scorpio can let go without falling into a depression or losing her self-esteem. With res tourmaline she can approach others with greater awareness and respect for their wishes and ideas.
- Garnet- Garnet allows Scorpio to transform her emotional strength and sexual desire into true love. Its red rays bring her into harmony with the heart of the beloved.
And this post exemplifies everything what’s wrong with astrology in its unbridled arrogance of thinking that you can tell what a person’s weaknesses and personality flaws are and prescribe them a treatment based on nothing but the day they were born on.
Also, if you look closely, you’ll find that astrology and racism share much in common.