Oh, the things you’ll learn if you read…
I’ve been reading No Longer Quivering. I knew Quiverfull people were out there, but not that out there.
- Quiverfull people usually subscribe to patriarchy: not only is the man the head of the house, but he is to be obeyed implicitly. (This tends to have the effect of transforming him into a spoiled brat.)
- They usually put the ban on dating in favor of courtship, which is about as romantic as a thumbtack in in the arse. Of course, the father is often in control of whom his daughters marry.
- Women exist for no other purpose than to serve the men and pop out baby after baby after baby.
- Believers are brainwashed into believing that people outside of the movement are horrible godless monsters, and non-QF/P children are bratty reprobates.
- Many QF/P groups demand strict modesty - one writer described her experience as “The Little House on the Prairie Fashion Club.”
- Children are homeschooled so they don’t get none o’ that evil liberal secular humanist government brainwashing.
It’s not about having children just because you want to have children. It’s about control. It’s about controlling the women so they do nothing but attend the man’s every whim and almost their entire adult lives before menopause pregnant, popping out over a dozen children. It’s about controlling the children by beating them into “joyous obedience.” It’s about ultimately controlling America by producing enough spawn that they can take over and transform America into a “godly nation,” AKA theocracy.
Funny thing is, if these people happened to be Muslim instead of Christian, there would be a huge public outcry. In fact, these people are openly trying to do what people blame Muslims of covertly trying to do.